We at Hong Kong Resources Holdings Company Limited (“HKRH”) and our subsidiaries and/or affiliates within the HKRH group of companies (together the “Affiliates”) value your personal data and privacy very highly.
This policy is prepared with reference to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)(“PDPO”) to protect your personal data. The terms of this Privacy Statement may be updated, revised, varied and amended from time to time as we deem necessary and available on our Corporate Website, www.hkrh.hk. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we will handle your personal data. Any reference in these terms to “we”, “us” and “our” is a reference to HKRH and our Affiliates.
By providing us with your personal data (including by registering for membership of any of our customer or sales and marketing programmes owned, managed and/or controlled by us, registering to attend any of our events, attending any of our functions or activities, participating in our interactive services or in any way communicating with us), you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement and consenting to our collection and use of your personal data as specified in this Privacy Statement.
1. Collection of personal data
We may collect your personal data via the following channels:
- when you access our Corporate Website, other websites operated by our Affiliates;
- when you have interaction with us through the internet, telephone, facsimile or in person;
- when you visit our shops and offices;
- when you register for membership of any of our customer or sales and marketing programmes owned, managed and/or controlled by us;
- when you register to use, or enter information into, any of our interactive services (for example, our facebook, blogs and forums);
- when you register to attend or attend any of our events activities (for example, lucky draw or surveys);
- when you purchase goods and services from us or use services or products offered by us;
- when you correspond with us;
- when you log-on or access any of our on-line shopping platform;
- when you apply to be our employee; and
- when you apply to be our contractor, agent or supplier of any products or services.
2. Types of personal data
We may collect from you the following information which may contain personal data as defined under the PDPO:
- account registration or membership registration information, including your name, gender, date and month of birth, age group, title, contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile), postal address and email address, nationality, marital status, family status, preferred language of communication, education level, occupation, personal monthly income, personal or professional interests, referral channel, demographics, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information (if applicable);
- shipping information (if applicable); and
- records of correspondence between you and us.
All information we collect about you may be combined with other information we currently hold about you.
We hereby emphasizes that you have no obligation to provide any Personal Data to us and the relevant Personal Data is provided by you voluntarily.
Please take note that most of the goods and services, information, and marketing and promotional materials provided on our Website or by other means are not directed towards children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing us with any of your personal data.
3. Use of personal data
If you provide any personal data to us, you are deemed to have authorised us to collect, retain and use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to offer you with our products and services, including sending you marketing and promotional materials, event information and e-shopping items relating to our products and services;
- to conduct joint promotion events including notifying you of sales and marketing offers and sending you sales and marketing materials relating to the promotional offers or events of our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company (“Group Companies”) and independent commercial entities (together with Group Companies, the (“Business Partners”), which may be located outside Hong Kong, in relation to the any products, services and/or businesses;
- to process your application for membership and maintaining and managing your membership;
- to provide you with rewards, vouchers or services under any of our programmes;
- to announce the winners of any activities, competitions or lucky draws organized by us;
- to handle and follow up with customer service calls, enquiries and complaints;
- to perform any type of after-sales services;
- to send you company notices and communicate with you ;
- to conduct investigation, statistics or research purposes, and for formulating or improving services quality, operation policies, marketing and promotional strategies;
- to verify your identity and your eligibility to participate in our programmes;
- to provide you with a log-in ID for our Website;
- to investigate suspicious dealings and to assist in preventing and detecting crimes; and
- to make such disclosures as required by law.
You are not obliged to provide the personal data as may be required by us. However, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or our Business Partners’ information, marketing and promotional materials if you do not provide us with the requested data.
4. Opt-Out option
As noted above, we may, from time to time, send you marketing or promotional materials and information regarding our or our Business Partners’ products and services as stated in paragraphs 3(a) & 3(b) based on your name and contact details that you have provided to us.
Please note that you can object to such use of your personal data at any time. If you do not want us to retain your personal data for this purpose, please call our Customer Service Hotline at (+852) 3926-3688, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you wish to “opt-out”.
5. Data retention and security
We will properly store your personal data in the electronic system upon collection. Appropriate measures regarding the monitoring facilities, electronic system and staff management have been implemented to protect your personal data. We have also adopted relevant systems and user regulations to restrict the use of your personal data by the abovementioned Third Parties, Participating Merchants and our Affiliates.
We will not maintain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary, and will delete all unnecessary personal data exist in the system to observe the requirements of all relevant laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region relating to the maintenance of personal data.
6. Data access and correction
You have the right to, at any time, request access to, and request us to make correction of your personal data stored in our records. To exercise your rights, please email us your request at email@example.com.
In the event that you wish to access or correct your personal data, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity.
b. Links to other websites
To provide you with more information, the Website may provide links to other websites. Your personal data may be collected on these other websites when you visit them or make use of their services. Where and when you click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Website which grants you access to another website, your personal data may be exposed in these other websites.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the Website and we are not responsible for the third party websites or for any personal data you submit to such other websites via our Website. Please ensure that you read the privacy policies of such other websites.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and will place any such amendments on this page. This Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights whatsoever or any other legal rights, nor does it create any obligations on the Company in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party. Nothing in this policy statement shall limit the rights of data subjects under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of HKSAR.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of the Privacy Statement, the English version will prevail.